- Tired of being rejected from PLoS ONE, PeerJ, and Arxiv?
- Don’t want to reformat for the next journal?
- Annoyed by referee and editor comments?
- Irked by suggestions that your paper is better suited for some other journal?
- Bothered by arguments to reduce text and transfer things to supplementary appendices?
- Wearied by having to select only a few relevant references?
- Irritated at having to submit your data to an online database?
- Chuffed to say what you want how you want as long and as often as you want?
- Want your paper accepted and published instantly?
- Hope to publish the same study twice – or more?
MYScience has a number of critical advantages:
- We accept all papers regardless of importance, content, scientific accuracy, or statistical rigor.
- We don’t care if you have published your paper previously, in whole or in part. If it was good once, it will be even better twice. (The exception: we do not consider papers already published in our sister journal: The Journal of Universal Rejection.) You might want to take particular advantage of this benefit if you previously published in a journal that was NOT open access. This way you can publish in that other journal and yet still have it be open access in our journal. Moreover, you can just submit to us the version published elsewhere, thus avoiding having to reformat it. In these cases, please do add (handwritten is fine) a note at the top of the paper that states: “modified from [INSERT ORIGINAL CITATION HERE]”.
- We promise to not provide any suggestions for revision – of any sort. It’s your paper, not ours – and it will look like it.
- We won’t waste your time in obtaining “expert” review. In fact, we won’t even waste our time obtaining any reviews. You know what you want to see in print. Who are we to quibble?
- We encourage the use of ALL relevant references (and any non-relevant references that you think should be cited more often). You can cite each paper as often as you like and we encourage self-citation of your earlier (or forthcoming or planned or envisioned or imagined) work.
- Add as many tables and figures as you like. In fact, we encourage taking those cluttered multi-panel figures that other journals encourage and splitting them up into as many individual figures as possible.
- Don’t worry about supplementary materials – just put it in the main text. If it wasn’t interesting or important, you wouldn't have done it, so let us see it – all of it. If you have already formatted with supplementary materials, just past the supplementary stuff after the main text and we will publish them together.
- If you feel compelled to do so, send us your data, raw or otherwise, in a file of any format you like and we will post it as is alongside your paper.
- We will accept your paper instantly. In fact, consider your paper accepted immediately after submission even if you don’t hear back from us. We are likely accepting other papers (or tweeting) at the moment and will get to yours soon.
- We will publish your paper as soon as we see it. Format it exactly how you want it to look – we won’t make any changes of any sort and we will post it on our website (www.MYScience.com) instantly and in the exactly form in which it was submitted, including the original file format. In fact, we won’t even open the file before publishing. That would just slow us down.
As this is an open access journal, we expect the authors to contribute to the cost of publishing. Our fee is $10 per submitted (and thus published) page, which is considerably cheaper than any other open access journal. We know this matters to you.
We look forward to receiving your paper so you can get on with your life.
Wow, this sounds great! Just hypothetically, are you also able to accept Ph.D. theses without the need for that pesky defense?ReplyDelete
MYUniversity - coming soon.ReplyDelete
This is perfect! I've got a few half written manuscripts lying around that would be perfect for this journal. Actually, can I just submit a graph of the raw data - it speaks for itself?ReplyDelete
We charge $10 per page so, if you are cash-strapped, I suggest squeezing everything onto one page. We look forward to your submission.ReplyDelete